If you’re an overlanding enthusiast or simply someone who loves exploring the great outdoors, you’ll appreciate the new 2023 Toyota Sequoia Limited HYBRID i-FORCE MAX. Meet Simba, the latest addition to Expedition Overland’s impressive fleet of off-road vehicles that debuted at this past SEMA Show. This all-new SUV is more powerful, efficient, and innovative than its predecessors, making it the perfect choice for your next overlanding adventure.
Expedition Overland is a video series produced by Hiline Productions that follows a team of adventurers and their outfitted vehicles through some of the world’s most remote places. Founded in 2010, owners Clay Croft and Rachelle Croft lead a team of “ordinary people doing extraordinary things.” The production showcases the adventures, struggles, and unique people and places they meet along the way. The show is filmed by adventurers and professional cinematographers who excel at telling a compelling story through documentary-style episodes. Their approach is authentic, professional, helpful, and always family-friendly. The Crofts even include their three sons, Cyrus, Ryder, and Eli on adventures when possible, which cultivates a spirit of family adventure and a love of the outdoors.
Simba boasts a HYBRID i-FORCE MAX 3.5L Twin-Turbo V6 Engine that delivers a staggering 437 horsepower and 583 lb.-ft. of torque, coupled with a 10-speed ECT-i transmission. This exceptional powertrain provides more performance and capability than ever before, enabling X Overland to push its boundaries even further. With improved fuel economy, they can stay on the road longer and explore more of the great outdoors.
But that’s not all. X Overland has taken Simba to the next level by outfitting it with ICON Suspension, 35” General Grabber X3 tires, and CBI Armor on every vulnerable corner. These enhancements provide improved traction, control, and durability, making Simba the ultimate overlanding rig.
Simba also comes equipped with a host of Toyota’s innovative technologies, including CRAWL control, Multi-Terrain Select, and a 14” touchscreen display that can be paired with the OnX Offroad app for unprecedented navigation capabilities. With these features, they can confidently navigate even the most challenging terrains.
Inside, the X Overland crew loves the room provided by Toyota’s spacious cab and the support of Sequoia Limited’s 8-way power-adjustable seats. Simba is built to comfortably carry and sleep three people as well as transport the soft goods and gear for the whole crew of seven on the expedition. The addition of Alu-Cab Gen 3-R Hard Shell Roof Top Tent makes it the perfect sleep system for off-road adventures. It’s engineered to thrive in extreme environments, ensuring that you’ll stay warm, dry, and comfortable no matter where you go. Features like these allow their production team to stay comfortable and thrive while on the move!
Overall, the 2023 Toyota Sequoia Limited HYBRID i-FORCE MAX is the perfect rig for overlanding enthusiasts who want a powerful, efficient, and reliable SUV that can handle anything the great outdoors can throw at it. And with X Overland’s enhancements, Simba is ready to take on any challenge they can imagine. Stay tuned to their team’s adventures at www.xoverland.com or at @theoverlandernetwork and @xoverland on IG.
2023 Toyota Sequoia Limited “Simba”
Twin-Turbo HYBRID i-FORCE MAX 3.5L V6 Engine, 437 HorsePower, 583 lb.-ft. of Torque,
10 spd ECT-i Transmission
- 18” ICON Compression 6 Lug Wheels
- General Tire Grabber X3s 35×12.50 R18
- Apex Air Down Valve Stems
- ICON Vehicle Dynamics Billet Upper Control Arm Kit
- ICON Vehicle Dynamics 3.0 CDEV Series Extended Travel Coilover Shocks
- ICON Vehicle Dynamics 3.0 CDEV Series with Old Man Emu Heavy Duty Rear springs
- Full Hoop CBI Steel Front Bumper
- CBI Rear with Dual Swing Outs
- CBI Side Steps & Skid Plates
- Prinsu Roof Rack
Tent/Sleep System (Sleeps 3 adults)
- Alu-Cab Gen 3-R Hard Shell Roof Tent System (2 people)
- Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete Sleep Platform (1 person)
Interior Storage Solution
- Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete Drawers and Secure Platform Storage of Soft Goods.
- Redarc Rogue Total Vehicle Management System and Manager 30 Battery Management System
- Redarc 200-Watt Solar Panel
- Odyssey Group 31 100 AMP Hour AGM Starter Battery
- ARB On-Board Twin High-Performance Air Compressor Paired with ARB 2.5 Gallon Aluminum Air Tank w/ Air Pump-up Kit
Comms and Interior Electronics
- iCOM ID-5100A Deluxe VHF/UHF Dual Band D-STAR Transceiver
- Main Switch Panel, Redvision Rogue Power Management System
- MAXTRAX MKII
- WARN Zeon 12S Winch with Spydura Reflective Synthetic Night Line | 12,000lb. Capacity
- Factor 55 Winch/Recovery Kit
- ARB Orange Speedy Seal Tire Repair Kit
- Indeflate Tire Inflator/Deflator
- 20″ Bumper Light Bar RIGID Industries SR-Series White
- 50” Adapt Roof Mounted Rigid Light Bar
- Front Bumper Fog Lights Rigid SAE Pods
- Prinsu Handle Lights
- RIGID Industries Rock Light Kit, 6 Lights, Cool White
Other Critical Accessories
- GPS/Mapping onX Offroad App utilizing Toyota’s Wireless Carplay and 14” Touchscreen Display
- OffRoam Cell phone mount kit and various camera mount accessories
- Tinted Windows | Bos Tint & Sound Bozeman, MT
- Custom Vehicle Wrap by SCS Wraps in Bozeman, MT
- CBI Rear Drop Down tables
- DMOS Shovel
- Weather Tech Floormats
- ARB Differential Axle Breather